Thursday 28 October 2010

Cushie number!

I made my first ever cushions last week and now that the recipient has received these (my auntie who does the knitting for me - it was her b'day), I can show you some pics!




I used a fabulous cotton fabric with lots of girlie pictures of shoes, bags, dresses and makeup. These pics don't do them justice really, they are a very girlie combination of pinks, blues, greens and purples.The cover is removable so you can wash it or change the cover altogether so I think that's pretty cool! I did sew on some cute pink buttons but you can't see them in this pic sadly. I was sad to part with them although will be excited to see how they look in their new home! I love seeing things that I've made for people when I visit their houses : )

I am a bit scared of the sewing machine so tend to shy away from these sorts of projects but I was surprised how straight forward it was to make! I used the instructions from Kirstie's Homemade Home that was on channel 4 last year. You can find them here if you want to have a go at making them. For those of you in the know about these things, they are envelope cushions. Probably the easiest cushion to make for a scaredy cat like me!

Is anyone else scared of the sewing machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...