Wednesday 27 October 2010

Let them eat cake

Today is my birthday and I just had to show you a pic of the cake that my wonderful hubby made for me:





It was a Brooklyn Blackout Cake from the Humming Bird Bakery Cookbook and it was A-MAZ-ING! If you don't have this wonderful book, go and buy it right now! It is the best cake book ever and every single recipe that I've made so far is to die for!!

My hubby never bakes (I'm in charge of the cakes round here) but as I believe it is wrong to bake your own birthday cake, each year he rolls up his sleeves and makes a fabulous cake for me. It may not have a fancy icing design but it was so yummy, there's none left! (Please note that I did not eat it all myself).
 




On the subject of cakes, these Halloween cupcakes made by my sister's friend (aka The Bad Fairy) were equally delicious and absolutely gorgeous to look at. Check out the detail on the decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...