Tuesday 1 March 2011

Crochet progress

A while ago I posted about teaching myself to crochet and so I thought I'd let you know how I'm doing with that. I originally bought a crochet magazine which came with hooks and yarn (read here for more) and while the idea was a good one, the magazine's instructions are far too complicated for a complete novice (ie Me) to understand. So, my Nan-in-Law gave me some instructions and after a few false starts, I was off!

Here's a selection of my crochet attempts so far:


The colour selection that came with the magazine was a bit random, and they kinda clash more than match! I decided to get the hang of the stitches before trying to follow a pattern. I can now do double crochet, half trebles, full trebles and double trebles!


I love the way this pink and green matches and clashes at the same time!


I have booked myself onto a crochet workshop next weekend and I'm uber excited about learning to do a granny square! I'm fed up of doing straight lines now, so a granny square will feel like a real achievement!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...