Tuesday 15 March 2011

Flower power cake

My auntie celebrated a big(ish) birthday last week and asked me to make her a special cake.


I decided to make it two tiers and two different flavours. The bottom tier is red velvet (from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook) and the top is vanilla. I used a white butter cream icing on the sponge first then covered it with fondant icing.






For the bottom, I gave the fondant a quilted effect and used a pearl lustre spray to give it a nice texture. The top was a duck egg blue colour with the lustre spray which gave it a really nice look.


The daisies are made from sugar paste and are my first flowers, so while some might be a bit rough round the edges, they came out quite well. The silver balls really set them off nicely.


This is the second biggest cake I've made. Read about my biggest cake so far here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...