Wednesday 9 March 2011

I'm hooked...

...on crochet!

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I've been on a little mission to learn to crochet. Well, at the weekend I went to a crochet workshop to learn to make granny squares, and wow am I a bit obsessed now!!

I have always loved granny squares but they looked so complicated and I always marvelled at how gorgeous they are with all the pretty colours mixed in. Well the secret is unlocked now and I can knock up a granny square in no time at all now!!

This is my very first granny square:


It turned out a bit 'baggy' but not bad for first try. My second one came out better:



As you can see, a huge improvement!





I have since been working with two gorgeous colours, making pink and navy squares and generally practising getting an even tension. And I simply love how quick and easy they are!!


I've no idea what these squares will turn into but so far I'm having fun making them. I must buy more yarn as it is time to introduce more colour varieties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...