Tuesday 3 May 2011

"Cheep Cheep" Cupcakes

I know Easter was ages ago, but with all the bank holiday activities, this is the first chance I've had to post in ages! And I just had to share these pics of my Easter cupcakes cos they are too cute!!


Lemon Surprise

They were absolutely delicious (even if I do say so myself)!

Vanilla sponge with a surprise dollop of lemon curd in the middle, topped with pink American style buttercream icing and either a little jellied lemon slice or lots of hundreds and thousands and a wee chicken.

'Cheep Cheep'

On the subject of hundreds and thousands, did you know that they are round little balls, whereas sprinkles are the little strands? I didn't realise there was a difference and thought hundreds and thousands was the British name and sprinkles was the American name, but apparently the two are quite different. You learn something new everyday!

Hundreds and Thousands, not Sprinkles


These little chickens always remind me of my childhood Easters when we used to decorate bonnets, dye eggs and roll them down a hill. I really look forward to doing this with my kiddies (when I have some) and showing Mr PC what a kid's Easter is all about. He had no idea what I was talking about rolling eggs down a hill. He's led a sheltered life, it's not his fault...

PS. I used the vanilla cupcake recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook and modified the cakes by cutting out a little hole, filling it with lemon curd and then putting the lid back on. The butter cream was also from the same book. I really recommend trying this combo, it's really rather tasty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...