Monday 6 February 2012

Cake and snow

What was your weekend like? Mine was punctuated by two things: cake and snow.

I made the Ultimate Chocolate Cake from The Boy Who Bakes book in honour of Mr PC's birthday and boy was it good!!


I found the recipe a bit faffy as there were a few stages, but it was worth it in the end. This cake was delicious and needless to say there is none left! It ended up being a two tier because the third tier had a run in with the greaseproof paper...

Vintage cake plates are far nicer than cake boards! 


Sunday was a really lazy and quiet day as we got about 6-8 inches of snow during the night and the roads were a bit of a state around our area. I love snow (deprived of it as child) and really hate it when someone spoils it by tramping great big foot prints in it. So I made Mr PC retrace his steps when he had to go out to the shed so that there were only one set of footprints in the garden! We did go out for a bit and cleared the cars so we could get them out if we needed to. I made a snow angel but by the time I got back up off the ground it looked more like a snow hippo! And my coat got totally soaked in the process. I don't remember this happening when I was a kid... We also had a fit of a snowball fight but I called a truce when I got hit right in the face!

Here's a few pics of what the snow was looking like yesterday:



Great indication of how deep it was!

I love how snow clings to everything, even hanging baskets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...