Monday 16 April 2012

Blanket Love

I have wanted to share this finished project for quite some time now but as it was a birthday present for a friend, I had to wait until she'd received it so not to spoil the surprise!


I crocheted this blanket using good ol' Stylecraft Special DK and I must say it turned out rather well. The yarn was so easy to use and is actually quite soft. Pink and lilac/grey squares are joined with a cream double crochet seam and edged with a few rows of dc. 


Inspired by one of Nicki Trench's blanket patterns, I decided to make a feature of the dc seam and I think it really sets the blanket off. 



Once it was finished, I draped it over the chair so I could admire it for a few days before wrapping it up to take it to its new home. I estimate it took 35 hours to put together, so it has been a labour of love and I am sad to see it go but I guess I'll just have to make one for myself at some point!



1 comment:

  1. Ooooh it looks lovely! What a lovely secret present.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...