Monday 3 June 2013

Crochet Catch Up

In writing about my Massive Granny Blanket, I remembered I have also made some smaller items in recent months. Sometimes those granny squares just got too dull, or too big to lug about when out and about. I thought I'd show off share some pics of my other wee projects.

First up, a large, single granny square baby blanket for a friend's baby boy. I found this one kind of boring as it seemed to take and inordinate amount of time to do considering it was actually only small.



Ran out of wool with 12 stitches to go!






I found a cardi in the Next sale which I wanted to spruce up so picked a lovely doily pattern from Inverleith's book, 500 Crochet Blocks (you must buy this gorgeous book, Hannah and Kath did a stupendous job and the patterns are swoon-worthy!) and voila, a jazzed up cardi!





I made a ruffle skirt for Poppet in our favourite colour.


A pants picture but look at the cuteness!!


Poppet modelling her new skirt

And my current WIP is a new cover for my hot water bottle.






All in all, not too bad for a new mum with little spare time!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how clever are you?! I so want to be able to crochet, I have been to 2 courses and a local crochet group, but it's just not "me" - I can't seem to get the hang of it, and I just don't have the patience... :( x

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...